Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ellie's school... on the trampoline!











Of course, on Irish's first day of school, Ellie was just as excited as Irish, which is why it was so sad when she begged to stay when we dropped Irish off, and then, after dropping Irish off, she went straight to her room when we go home and got her little backpack then headed out the door saying "C'mon mom, I go to kindergarden!!" It broke my heart a little. She was really deeply hurt that she didn't get to go. So she and I put a book in her backpack, some paper, a pencile and crayons and went to have our own kind of school. We called it "School on the Trampoline!" She loved it! We practiced writting the names of everyone in our family, drew pictures of things we saw, practiced our colors, read a book and then, of course, we jumped! We had a lot of fun and I think it was just as much for my good as it was for hers, it was so nice for me to spend time with my Ellie Joy like that! And it sufficed as far as she was concerned too, that is, until Irish got home and showed us the clay she made at school... Ellie's eyes welded up and she pouted, "I go to Kindergarden!" Soon enough Ellie... but not too soon!!

4 comments:

  1. ahhh! what a good idea! way to go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those girls! I also love the song,I also love to ride my bicycle. And I also have a little gas. I love you guys!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like it has been forever since I have seen my little girls! Irish looks so cute and GROWN UP on her first day of school! I can't believe she is in Kindergarten!! I love Ellie's school on the trampoline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! You are such a creative Mommy!! I'm so glad we get to be blog buddies... so much easier to keep track of each other and keep in touch. :) I miss you too!! Next time you are in Vegas let me know and we'll do something with all the kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Our Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones