Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Look out world, here comes Irish... well, look out Panaca Elementary anyway...











Someday I'm going to have to find a way to get it though my head that I AM NOT 18 ANYMORE!!!!! Where does the time go, seriously?!?! sigh... Well, today was Irish's first day of school, sniff, sniff for mom. The day started out early, but that didn't phase our ambitious five year old! She requested the night before that I wake her up siging, "Happy First-day-of-Kindergarten to you..." you get the idea. So after I did that at 6am (school starts early, 7:45, only 4 days of school a week here!!) Irish got going! First we did her hair in her 2nd favorite way, because it is the 2nd fasted, then grandma fulfilled her request of a big celebratory breakfast consisting of bacon, eggs and cantalope, leaving out the sausage only because we didn't have any! But I had to stop her short of waiting for her breakfast in bed... like daddy got on Father's day! Then after her "IHOP" breakfast we laced her shoes, threw on her backpack and headed down the road! At school she was very excited to find her cubby, desk and backpack hook! Her teacher Mrs. Harding had the room looking great which added to Irish's excitment. Then after trying to get her to allow me a few pictures I decided I had better leave her to this new chapter in her life and I proudly, yet somehow lonesomely, left my first born baby to venture into the world of SCHOOL! So glad Ellie came with me to hold my hand back to the car! Needless to say, she did GREAT. I know she'll have a wonderful year in kindergarden. We are excited to watch her grow and become her own little lady. We are so proud of you Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones