Thursday, September 17, 2009

Labor Day weekend
















Pioche Nevada has a big Labor Day celebration every year and it's usually a lot of fun! We had a lot of family come home for it and that was the best part! On Saturday night there is a street dance on Main street followed by a light parade! Sunday night we go up to watch the fireworks. My new camera has a "firework" setting so I was excited to test that out... I've posted some of my favorite pics out of those (I was lame and forgot my camera for every other event that weekend so this is all I got). Then finally, Monday morning we go up for the Labor Day parade, catch the candy then head to the park for kid races, kiddie rides and DEEP FRIED TWINKIES! Yes folks, your read that right, deep fried twinkies, can you say deliciously disgusting?!?! UGH! My kids, as well as most of their cousins, look most forward to the kids races where they get 50 cents for every race they participate in! Then they do a money scramble... they throw coins, from nickles to silver dollars, into the baseball in field and on 3 the kids are let lose to collect what they can! Irish and Ellie came home with $20 between the two of them! It is pretty fun, something we look forward to every year!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had some crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ree!!! I miss you guys.. when will you guys be in town next? We should me moving into our new house in the next 2 weeks, so you guys will have to come check it out! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Our Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones