Friday, October 16, 2009

Primary Program

This Sunday, the 18th, is our primary program. As the Primary Chorister it is a HUGE deal to me! All the songs the kids have learned in primary this year have been in preparation for this program, and let me tell you, it will be amazing! I have been the chorister for the last three programs, this one included, and this one, I think, will be my favorite. The others were simply wonderful too but this years theme, My Eternal Family, is particularly close to my heart. Having lost my mother when I was just three years old my testimony of this gospel began and grew from the song, "Families Can Be Together Forever". When I sang that song in primary as a child it felt so good to me that I knew it had to be true, today I know that it is. And that is still where my testimony is firmly planted. Nothing could ever cause me to doubt that, not ever! And because I know that principle is true, all others of this gospel fall in line... this is the Lords gospel. So the kids in our primary will sing all these amazing songs, including "Families Can Be Together Forever", "The Family Is Of God" and "Come, Ye Children Of The Lord", just to name a few, and they each have their own little speaking parts. While I am, naturally, a tad bit nervous, I can guarantee that no one will leave that meeting not having been greatly uplifted, testimony charged or even planted! My experience is that the testimony of children, sung or otherwise, has the ability to soften even the hardest of hearts, to strengthen even the strongest testimony, and to bring a realization to all who hear that can not be denied. Be sure you make it to your wards primary program.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing testimony, Marie. I am so excited that I get to come and see this. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I'm the chorister too and our program (last month) was AWESOME! I cried during a couple of the songs because they were so special. I did an extra song with some parts and it was just perfect. While emailing back and forth with the parents I shared the same testimony with them of how I feel that there is NOTHING more special that the spirit of a little child. Good luck!!!!

    Your 3 columns look GREAT. You did it!!! I was TOTALLY laughing at myself the night after we talked. While we were on the phone I said that I've never done 3 columns but I HAVE. My food blog is 3 columns. I'm such a nerd :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is SO cute! We totally miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had our Program 2 weeks ago and it was awesome- I totally give you MAD PROPS for being the song lady-and the radio lady. Do you like how I always fit that into my comments.

    ReplyDelete

Our Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones