Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate... yuuuummmmmm

Ok, as to keep swear words off my family blog, kacee, I am now posting my hot choc. recipe! (you know I'm messing with ya kace, you're my fav!) SO... here it is:

Ingredients
1c. water
2oz. unsweetened chocolate (I use 2 squares of Baker's Unsweetend Chocolate)
1/2c. sugar
2 1/2c. milk
1/2c. whipping cream (enter the FAT)
1/2 to 1tsp. vanilla
Whipped cream topping

Directions:
Melt choc. in water on med high heat stirring with wire whisk. Add sugar, stir with wire whisk. Bring to boil and allow to boil for 3 mins. stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and cream mixing it well, especially after adding cream. Add vanilla (the less you use the more dark it will be. I use 1/2tsp., I prefer dark choc. over milk choc. every time) mix well. Heat to your desired temp, top with whipped cream (more fat) and ENJOY!!

So go try it if it sounds good to you and, seriously, let me know how you like it!! Another thing I like to do with it is kinda strange but I love it. My family picked it up when we were living in Europe so I grew up loving this. If you have some good Swiss cheese, cut a thick-ish strip and dip it in the hot chocolate! Salty and sweet!! Anyway, really, let me know how you like it! Email me or comment under this post!! Happy sipping!!

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, sounds pretty good! It's quite different than mine but I'll definitely give it a try at some point. I'll let you know when I do. It won't be for a little while but I totally want to try it. I'll have to get my recipe and post it for you to try.

    ReplyDelete

Our Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones